The LORD's Plan of Salvation
We believe anyone who desires to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and become a Christian must do so according to the Biblical plan with the right motives. The steps of the LORD’s plan of salvation are given below.
- Hear the gospel – To become a Christian, a person must first hear, understand, and be willing to respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Repent – A person must begin and continue to repent of all known sin and prove their repentance by a change in their behavior.
- Believe – A person must believe the seven part gospel of Jesus Christ as preached by the 1st century church and be willing to obey it.
- Confess – With their heart and mouth a person must confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and their Lord or master.
- Immersed – A disciple of Christ must be immersed in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins to receive the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
- Continual Growth – Finally a person must continually be growing until they are mature, holy, and blameless.
Scripture References: Romans 10:1, Acts 26:20, Ephesians 1:13, Romans 10:9, Acts 2:37-38, 2 Peter 1:1-11